We are dedicated to improving and promoting the health of individuals and communities in Alabama and the region through leadership in medical education and primary care; the provision of high quality, accessible health care services; and scholarship.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Shaping globally capable, locally relevant and culturally competent physicians through learner-centered, community-based medical education and mentoring.
- Addressing the physician workforce needs of Alabama and the region with a focus on comprehensive Family Medicine residency training.
- Engaging communities as partners, particularly in rural and underserved areas, in efforts that improve the health of Alabama’s citizens.
- Providing high quality, patient-centered, efficient clinical services.
- Fostering scholarship in relevant and innovative community-oriented research to influence population health and support community problems.