Communications Production Timeline
For more information on the ways we can help you to communicate with your audiences please read the CCHS Communications Guidelines.
- You need a brochure, a webpage, a mailer, an advertisement, a video, etc.
- (1-5 days) We have an initial meeting/email/phone call with you. At this time you need to tell us:
- Why do you need this thing?
- Who is your audience?
- How big is your audience?
- What do you want to say to them?
- What do you want them to do as a result of receiving your message?
- How do you plan to distribute the information? Mail, Email, Web, Radio, Television, Billboard, etc?
- What is your budget?
- (1-5 days) You provide us text that you have written (remember, we aren’t doctors or medical educators, we’re design/ad/writing/web/etc. experts.) We can give you some direction about the length/mood/etc of the text, and we’ll edit the text you provide us to fit the communication medium and CCHS and UA Strategic Communications Guidelines.
- (1-5 days) The items from Step 3 need to be approved by the appropriate people and any edits that are suggested need to be incorporated.
- We need the items from Step 3 to be approved/edited in Step 4 before we can begin the next steps. Graphic design is built around the content. Without content there can be no design.
- (3-10 days) We’ll design your project and push it through our internal process of design/copyedit/etc.
- (0-30 days) We send a design proof back to you for your approval. If any changes are needed, we’ll incorporate them and repeat this step until there are no changes that need to be made.
- (1-5 days) UA Strategic Communications must approve all materials, including all uses of UA logos.
- (1-3 days) If the item is to be printed, we send it to UA printing. UA Printing will send back a printer’s proof. CCHS Communications and your staff will approve the proof or send it back to printing with changes. This step will be repeated until there are no changes that need to be made.
- (1-5 days) Actual printing time using UA Printing depends on complexity of the project, backlog, and time of year. If we are creating a promotional item, like a t-shirt, a vendor will print the item for us, and will take longer than UA Printing. Please factor in shipping time for promotional items as many of our vendors are out-of-state.
- At this point the item is delivered; if it needs to be mailed to your audience, please factor in an additional 3-14 days for the item to reach its destination.
|Booklets (4-12 pages)
|Annual Reports and Magazines
(12 pages or more)