The Rural Minority Health Scholars Program is designed for recent high school graduates who plan to enter college in the next academic year.
- Current senior in high school who plans to attend college in the fall
- Have a B average or 3.0 GPA or higher
- Taken the ACT (minimum score of 21, but those with at least a 20 are encouraged to apply) or SAT (minimum score of 1080)
- Reside in a rural Alabama community for at least five years
- Have a desire to return to rural Alabama
Participants are selected based on their interests, motivation and personal qualities most suited for becoming future physicians and other health professionals in a rural community. This program is limited to 10 students. For this reason, applicants are asked for at least two letters of recommendation (one must be from someone familiar with the student’s academic record).
If you have questions about this application or the Rural Minority Health Scholars Program, please contact Cynthia Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 348-3116. We will be in contact with you as your application is reviewed and final selections are made. Final selections will be made by April 30, 2018.
Application for Rural Minority Health Scholars Program
Print Application Form