We’re working to create engaging video content, BUT due to COVID-19 we need you to shoot the videos! Don’t worry, we’ll handle adding your name, trimming the bad parts, and of course making you really, really good looking.
- Come up with a video idea.
- Shoot the video with your cell phone; if you get something wrong, just keep recording!
- Shoot a few takes, we need some extra material to make editing possible!
- Install the iPhone or Android Box app, and log in with your MyBama username/password.
- Upload your video to Box.
- Share the video with Greg Randall – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We handle the rest!
When you start shooting:
- Make sure there are no patients or PHI in the video you shoot!
- Stay focused on your topic, if you mess up, no worries, just start over.
- If you specialize in what you’re talking about, be sure to mention it. We want the community to know you are an expert!
- Mention sources of information you use during the video — CDC, WHO, The Lancet, etc. Send us a link to the source and we’ll add it to video’s description.
Start every video by hitting record, wait a few seconds so you’re in frame, and then introduce yourself. If you worked at UMC you might say something like this:
“Hi, my name is [First & Last Name] and I am a [Job Title] at University Medical Center. Today, I would like to talk to you about [Topic].”