CCHS External Relations Production Timeline
If everything works perfectly, there are no delays, no changes, no approval issues, people respond to email quickly, etc the item can reach our audience in 14 days; if everything goes wrong and there are delays, multiple cycles of changes, issues with the UA branding, slow email response, etc, it can take 85 days.
For more information on the ways we can help you to communicate with your audience please read the CCHS External Relations Guidelines.
- You decide you need a brochure, a website, a mailer, an ad, a video, etc.
- ( 1-5 days ) We have an initial meeting/email/phone call. At this time you need to tell us:
- Why do you need this thing?
- Who is your audience?
- How big is your audience?
- What do you want to say to them?
- What do you want them to do as a result of receiving your message?
- How do you plan to distribute the information? Mail, Email, Web, Radio, Television, Billboard, etc?
- What is your budget?
- ( 1-5 days ) You give us text that you have written (remember we aren’t doctors or medical educators, we’re design/ad/writing/web/etc experts.) We can give you some direction about the length/mood/etc of the text, and we’ll edit the text you provide us to fit the communication medium.
- Copy (text)
- Email/Mailing List
- ( 1-5 days ) The items from step three need to be approved by the correct people and any edits that are suggested need to be incorporated.
- We need the items from step three to be approved/edited in step four before we can begin the next steps. Graphic design is built around the content. Without content there can be no design. It’s like trying to build a house without a foundation.
- ( 3-10 days ) We’ll design your project and push it through our internal process of design/copyedit/etc.
- ( 0-30 days depending on number of changes, approval speed, etc) We send a design proof back to you for your approval. If you have any changes we’ll incorporate them and repeat this step until there are no changes that need to be made.
- ( 1-5 days ) Strategic Communications must approve all uses of UA logos.
- ( 1-3 days ) If the item is to be printed, we send it to UA printing. UA Printing will send a printer’s proof back. CCHS Communication and your staff will approve the proof or send it back to printing with changes. Repeat this step until there are no changes that need to be made.
- ( 1-5 days ) Actual Printing time; depends on complexity of project, backlog, and time of year.
- At this point the item is delivered or if it needs to be mailed that will take an additional 3-14 days for the item to reach it’s destination.
Typical Production Times
|Booklets or brochures
|Annual reports and magazines