The Rural Health Scholars Program was founded to encourage high school students to consider careers in medicine and health professions while experiencing college firsthand.
- Current junior in high school
- Have a B average or 3.0 GPA or higher
- Taken the ACT (minimum score of 21, but those with at least a 20 are encouraged to apply) or SAT (minimum score of 1080)
- Reside in a rural Alabama community for at least five years
- Have an interest in health care with a desire to return to rural Alabama
Participants are selected based on their interests, motivation and personal qualities most suited for becoming future physicians and other health professionals in a rural community. For this reason, applicants are asked for at least two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student’s academic record.
If you have questions about this application or the Rural Health Scholars Program, please contact Cynthia Moore firstname.lastname@example.org (205) 348-3116 . We will be in contact with you as your application is reviewed and final selections are made. Final selections will be made by April 30, 2019.
Application for Rural Health Scholars Program
Print Application Form