Rural Community Health Minor

An undergraduate minor in Rural Community Health provides an opportunity for students to begin to obtain the basic tools, principles and knowledge to be able to investigate rural health issues and to determine solutions to rural health problems. This can help to begin a basis for an application to a professional school (medicine or other health profession) or graduate studies. It may be a prelude to an application to the Rural Medical Scholars Program (RMSP) or graduate studies as a Rural Community Health Scholar (RCHS) at UA for a Master’s degree in Rural Community Health.

Students who choose to declare this minor must meet with an advisor in the College of Community Health Sciences to obtain approval. The Rural Community Health Minor will begin Fall 2019.

For more information or to request an application, please contact Jim Leeper at 348-1355 or Susan Guin at 348-6196.