Drug Delivery Research Group Patents and Publications
Our research has generated several patents:
- Polymer systems and their applications in diagnostics and drug delivery US Patent No. 10,780,175 [Issue date: 09/22/2020]
- Polymer/copolymer nanoparticles conjugated to gambogic Acid US Patent No. 10,786,465 [Issue date: 09/29/2020]
- Systemic Anti-Inflammatory Therapy Aided by Curcumin-Laden Double-Headed Nanoparticles Combined with Injectable Long-Acting Insulin in a Rodent Model of Diabetes Eye Disease. Ganugula, R, Arora M, Dwivedi S, Chandrashekar DS, Varambally S, Scott EM, Ravi Kumar MNVR. ACS Nano 2023
- Systemic anti-inflammatory therapy aided by double-headed nanoparticles in a canine model of acute intraocular inflammation. Ganugula R, Arora M, Lepiz MA, Niu Y, Mallick BK, Pflugfelder SC, Scott EM, Kumar MNVR. Sci. Adv. 6: eabb7878, 2020.
- Novel Oral Nanoparticle Formulation of Sustained Release Naloxone with Mild Withdrawal Symptoms in Mice. Madison CA, Arora M, Kumar MNVR, Eitan S. ACS Chem Neurosci. 11: 1955-1964, 2020.
- A highly potent lymphatic system–targeting nanoparticle cyclosporine prevents glomerulonephritis in mouse model of lupus. Ganugula R, Arora M, Zou D, Agarwal SK, Mohan C, Kumar MNVR. Sci. Adv. 6: eabb3900, 2020. This article is highlighted in Nature Reviews Rheumatology
- Curcumin can decrease tissue inflammation and the severity of HSV-2 infection in the female reproductive mucosa. Vitali D, Bagri P, Wessels JM, Arora M, Ganugula R, Parikh A, Mandur T, Felker A, Garg S, Kumar MNVR, Kaushic C. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 21, 337, 2020.
- Oral delivery of nanoparticle urolithin A normalizes cellular stress and improves survival in mouse model of cisplatin-induced AKI. Zou D, Ganugula R, Arora M, Nabity MB, Sheikh-Hamad D, Kumar MNVR.. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol, 317, F1255-F1264, 2019 (Selected for APS Select award)
- Next-generation noncompetitive nanosystems based on gambogic acid: In silico identification of transferrin receptor binding sites, regulatory shelf stability, and their preliminary safety in healthy rodents. Arora M, Ganugula R, Kumar N, Kaur G, Pellois, JP, Garg P, Kumar MNVR. ACS Applied Bio Materials, 2019, 2(8) 3540-3550. doi.org/10.1021/acsabm.9b00419 (Cover Article)
- Double-headed nanosystems for oral drug delivery. Kaur G, Arora M, Ganugula R, Kumar MNVR. Chem Comm. 2019 55(33) 4761-4764. doi: 10.1039/c8cc10021g (Cover Article, back cover)
- Polyester nanoparticle encapsulation mitigates paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy. Ganugula R, Deng M, Arora M, Pan HL, Kumar MNVR. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2019, 10 (3), pp 1801–1812 doi: 10.1021/acschemneuro.8b00703 (Cover Article)
- Estrogen improves insulin sensitivity and suppresses gluconeogenesis via the transcription factor Foxo1. Yan H, Yang W, Zhou F, Li X, Pan Q, Shen Z, Han G, Newell-Fugate A, Tian Y, Kumar MNVR, Liu W, Xu Y, Wu C, Allred K, Allred C, Sun Y, Guo S. Diabetes. 2019 Feb;68(2):291-304. doi: 10.2337/db18-0638. Epub 2018 Nov 28.
- Urolithin A mitigates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by inhibiting renal inflammation and apoptosis in an experimental rat model. Guada M, Ganugula R, Vadhanam M, Kumar MNVR. JPharmacol Exp Ther. 2017 Oct;363(1):58-65. doi: 10.1124/jpet.117.242420. Epub 2017 Aug 7. PMID: 28784820 (Cover Article)
- Ex Vivo rat eye model for investigating transport of next generation precision-polyester nanosystems. Ganugula R, Arora M, Kumar MNVR. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017 Aug 9;9(31):25668-25671. doi: 10.1021/acsami.7b07896. Epub 2017 Jul 26. PMID: 28737886
- Nano-curcumin safely prevents streptozotocin-induced inflammation and apoptosis in pancreatic beta cells for effective management of Type 1 diabetes mellitus. Ganugula R, Arora M, Jaisamut P, Wiwattanapatapee R, Jørgensen HG, Venkatpurwar VP, Zhou B, Rodrigues Hoffmann A, Basu R, Guo S, Kumar MNVR. Br J Pharmacol. 2017 Jul;174(13):2074-2084. doi: 10.1111/bph.13816. Epub 2017 May 30. PMID: 28409821.
- Next generation precision-polyesters enabling optimization of ligand-receptor stoichiometry for modular drug delivery. Ganugula R, Arora M, Saini P, Guada M, Kumar MNVR. J Am Chem Soc. 2017 May 31;139(21):7203-7216. doi: 10.1021/jacs.6b13231. Epub 2017 Apr 19. PMID: 28395139 (Cover Article)
- Noncompetitive active transport exploiting intestinal transferrin receptors for oral delivery of proteins by tunable nanoplatform. Ganugula R, Arora M, Guada M, Saini P, Kumar MNVR. ACS Macro Lett. 6 (2), 161-164. DOI: 10.1021/acsmacrolett.7b00035. (Cover Article)
- The next generation non-competitive active polyester nanosystems for transferrin receptor-mediated peroral transport utilizing gambogic acid as a ligand. Saini P, Ganugula R, Arora M, Kumar MNVR.Sci Rep. 2016 Jul 8;6:29501. doi: 10.1038/srep29501.