The SCHP Pharmacy carries a small formulary of ADD/ADHD medications
Prescriptions from an Outside Provider
- Our Pharmacy can accept prescriptions from doctors in Alabama and other states.
- CII prescriptions (Adderall, Vyvanse, etc.) must be original paper prescriptions presented by the patient to the Pharmacy. CII prescriptions may not be called in, faxed or mailed to the Pharmacy. New law has legalized e-prescribing CII prescriptions, if the doctor is credentialed and authenticated in the e-prescription system per the DEA guidelines.
- CII prescriptions take time. If your prescription is written by your home doctor, please consider the amount of time it will take to receive a prescription when getting ready for your next fill.
- Prescriptions (written papers or filled prescriptions) cannot be mailed to the Pharmacy. Medications cannot be mailed to the Pharmacy.
Student Health Center and Pharmacy Clinic Prescriptions
- The SHCP offers psychiatric care to students who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and to those who need testing and evaluation. Students may find that psychiatric care at the SCHP is convenient for them, because they will be able to get their prescriptions at our Pharmacy.
Prescription Pick Up
- Our Pharmacy requires identification to pick up all CII prescriptions. Students must provide a photo ID (driver’s license or ACTion card) and their social security number OR driver’s license.
- If the student is unable to pick up their prescription in person, they may send someone to pick it up for them. This person must have their own photo ID as well as the student’s ID and a letter from the student stating that they may pick up the prescription.
- Many ADHD treatments are controlled prescription medications. They are often sold illegally and, therefore, are at high risk for theft. These medications should be stored securely to prevent loss of medication. Prescription medications should never be shared and should only be used by the person to whom they are prescribed.
- Feel free to contact the Pharmacy staff at 205-348-6276 if you have any questions.