All incoming students, regardless of classification, must have the following vaccinations:
- Meningitis Vaccine – One dose at age 16 or older
- Two Measles Containing Vaccines – One must be a MMR vaccination after 1980
- Tuberculosis Screening – Within one year
- Immunization Form – Must be downloaded then submitted via MyBama
If the TB skin test is positive, please submit either results of a T-Spot blood test or chest X-ray report from a physician stating no signs of tuberculosis. International students may wait and have follow up testing done upon arrival to campus.
All vaccines and TB screening are available at the Student Health Center and Pharmacy (SHCP) and billable to insurance. Be sure to bring you ACTion card and health insurance card when visiting the SHCP.
*Distance learners are not required to provide proof of immunizations.
*The University of Alabama recognizes medical and religious vaccine exemptions only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Immunization Form Instructions
You MUST follow these instructions to access the required immunization form, and that form MUST be included in what is uploaded to MyBama. Documentation without the required immunization form will not be accepted.
- Log into your MyBama account.
- Select the Student tab, then navigate to the Student Health Center and Pharmacy section.
- Within the Student Health Center and Pharmacy section, select the “Upload Immunizations” icon.
- Print the form and take it to your health care provider.
- Health care provider completes the form, signs it and places the official office stamp next to provider signature.
- Scan the complete and signed form and any other documents (clear and readable photographs are acceptable).
- Log into your MyBama account, access the Immunization icon, then follow the upload instructions.
Once your form has been processed (Usually 48-72 hours), you will receive a confirmation email or an email explaining why we rejected what was submitted.
Read more about the Health Requirement for Registration policy.